[joomla] pipe replacement

Jeff Phelps Clearmark jphelps at clearmark.com
Wed Jan 11 14:11:38 EST 2006

Mitch:

I should have used the word trap:  They are grepping certain characters
from URLS and responding with a 403 if they are found.  I've actually
seen this on a few hosts.  The pipe in particular seems to have hosed a
few hosters - so that's why the traps.

AK uses the pipe extentively as a string delimiter; it is passed in the
URL and stored as part of data in the db for string parsing/delimiting..

I've solved it and working through bugs now   I just replaced it
everywhere with the tilde (lots of hand editing to handles ORs, etc) but
on my test site it seems stable.

Thanks for your response.

Jeff