[joomla] Joomla & ecommerce on mobile devices

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Sat May 22 16:27:21 EDT 2010

On 5/22/2010 12:57 PM, Mark Simko wrote:
> As mobile devices become more popular, accommodating them becomes more
> important.
>
> Does anyone know how to check how your site appears on mobile devices,
> short of buying iphones and androids and bberries (oh my!)?

Every cell phone manufacturer generally provides some form of
"emulator", usually a java application where you can load an "image" of
the cell phone OS and then pretend like your using the cell phone in a
little window sized to the cell phone.

Sometimes they will allow "developers" to download those images for
free, and sometimes you have to download it off an existing phone.

Blackberries:
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/simulators.jsp

IPhone:
http://developer.apple.com/iphone/index.action
[I believe you need to sign up for their developer program at 99/year
for access and the emulator only runs on a Mac]

Android:
Motorola Android Program
http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/motodevstudio/