[nycphp-talk] Zend Discount

Sterling Hughes sterling at bumblebury.com
Thu Dec 19 11:56:58 EST 2002

> Hell everyone,
>
> Thanks for the discount code Jaz.
>
> Can anyone tell me about their experience with Zend Studio? I downloaded
> evaluation version a few days ago but found it to be rather slow. Is it
> just my computer or is it really not that robust, especially the
> debugging was a pain.

Given enough ram :-)  Actually I was able to run the Zend Studio on a PIII 700mhz
with 128 mb ram no problem.  I've now upgraded to 320 mb, and it runs like a
dream.  This is 2.4.19-preempt though, could be different depending on your kernel
version/operating system.

The Zend Studio really does seem to be the best IDE out there, if you want/need
an IDE.  For me the emacs/vim combo has always worked, so no reason to stop now.

-Sterling