[nycphp-talk] Scaling LAMP Architecture

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 15:43:22 EDT 2002

--- Larry Chuon <LarryC at indexstock.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have any experiences designing LAMP for a large
> environment?

Yeah, more or less.

> As far as I know, LAMP is a 2-tier architecture.

2? I swore I saw about a dozen tiers running around the office today.

> There isn't an application server such as JBOSS, Weblogic, or Zope
> that sits in between.

It's a do it yourself type of deal, which IMHO is better.

> Any suggestion on how to go about this problem is greatly
appreciated.

Not personal experience, but maybe these are helpful:
http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/tutsweatpart1.php
http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/tutsweatpart2.php

> By the way, this is in reference to osCommece and Nola integration.
> The integration is about 95% done.  We are dressing it up now.
> Hopefully, we can release the product to the public domain within a
> month or two. If you want to sign up for a test drive of a fully
> integrated ERP and eCom system, please send me an email.  Our next
> goal is to integrate or build our own CRM/XRM module.  Once again, if
> you are interested in helping out, please email me.

Sounds interesting.. maybe you and your team would like to give a
presentation some time.

=====
Hans Zaunere
New York PHP