[nycphp-talk] phpMyAdmin syncing with 2 dbs?

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 24 08:30:37 EDT 2002

--- Jon Baer <jonbaer at jonbaer.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick question before I shoot off email to the authors, anyone
>
> know if it's possible to sync 2 or more databases (local, remote)
> using
> phpMyAdmin?  I could not find notes for this (im assuming it is a
> possible feat).

You can of course copy tables from one DB to another, however I don't
remember seeing phpMyAdmin support that across servers.  Depending on
the size of the DBs, you could dump the structure/data from one, save
to a file, then reload in another (essentially copying it).  If both
DBs are already populated, you'll probably need PHP to mediate the
differences according to a spec, unless theres a big section of
phpMyAdmin I don't know about.

Hans