[nycphp-talk] Adding to PHP API

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Mon Apr 14 17:22:38 EDT 2003

--- Hans Zaunere <hans at nyphp.org> wrote:
> Ahh, the hardest part.  Finding a nice HOWTO on the subject is impossible
> AFAIK (if you find anything, please post it) and I've had the best luck with
> the links above, some articles strewn around the net, and probably the best
> is looking at other modules (dbg is nice).

I'm not sure of a good HOWTO on the Web either, but I know Rasmus's book
(Programming PHP) has a pretty straightforward explanation (it implements
rot13, so the extension logic itself is as simple as possible).

I also seem to recall Sterling's book, PHP Developer's Cookbook, having a nice
explanation as well. Maybe he can confirm/deny that. :-)

Chris