[nycphp-talk] Database code solutions

Fee, Patrick J patrick.fee at baesystems.com
Fri Aug 15 10:21:59 EDT 2003

You're right Matthew.  Dreamweaver does have the ability to build SQL
queries in a GUI-type environment (and also to view the pages in WYSIWYG
fashion with true data in the dynamic page).  I've fiddled around with that
part of the application while building some php pages.

IMHO, Dreamweaver does still favor ASP and CFM pages (that's where they
started from).  However the PHP support has increased dramatically in the
last couple of releases.

And you can always stay with "code only" views if you're more of a purist.
But the WYSIWYG option HAS allowed me to bring more graphic-centric staff
into the dynamic-coding environment by building queries or content
graphically and then review the code with them.  Of course this sometimes
becomes more of a "don't code this way" exercise... but helpful
none-the-less.

Just my Friday morning 2 cents worth....

Below the "Blackout Line" in DC,

Patrick

Patrick J. Fee
Web & Database Group Manager