[nycphp-talk] MIME multipart email frustrations

Brian Pang bpang at bpang.com
Fri Aug 29 14:12:08 EDT 2003

It looks like you're purposefully setting a second boundary
"=inner_boundary"

I've never tried or seen this, so I'm not sure if it's actually allowed.

But, I also don't think it's 100% necessary.

Did you try it just using "=this_is_the_boundary"

I believe your frustration with MIME multipart emails is widely shared.
I have something that I use, although I know it has certain (limited)
flaws. I finally decided that I just didn't care if Lotus Notes users
got the email exactly as it was intended.

Quite honestly, a LOT of email I get from various senders using various
email clients (including AOL and Outlook) as well as a lot of spam that
I get comes through all eff'ed up in one way or another. (I use only a
webmail client, but that should be a moot point).
Maybe this fact also helped me to come to ease with the fact that I
could never get 100% success rates with my own php email scripts.