[nycphp-talk] P3P and MSIE6 cookies

Chris Snyder chris at psydeshow.org
Tue Feb 4 15:56:10 EST 2003

Chris Shiflett wrote:

>>Has anyone else created P3Ps for their sites?
>>

>Not yet, actually, but I researched the topic in detail for
>a book I wrote by using sites like http://www.w3.org/ and
>http://www.yahoo.com/ as examples, since they are both
>compliant.

Thanks for the additional info, Chris-- I think I'm well on my way to
creating the appropriate files and getting them uploaded and tested.
I'll be happy to share the results with the list.

On a completely personal, subjective level, this seems like quite a hoop
for non-commercial sites to have to jump through. Do you think it would
be possible for me, as a small ISP, to create a blanket P3P xml file and
a compact policy header that would satisfy IE6, and then use Apache
directives to serve those for all my virtual hosts?

In other words, is there anything inside the policy files that ties the
policy to a particular site? A quick look says no, but that's a real
quick look...

    chris