[nycphp-talk] multi dimension array sort?

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Jun 9 23:46:40 EDT 2003

Nestor:

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 10:49:33PM -0400, Nestor Florez wrote:

> row[#]['empname'][dept']['ssn']['location']

You need to run the sort functions on the level of the array you're
looking to traverse.  So, the two following examples sort different
things:
   asort($row[#]['empname']['dept']['ssn']);
   asort($row[#]['empname']['dept']);

> I want display them in a list and I want theuser to click on the column
> name and I will sort it according to the column and then display the
> array.

Without fully understanding what you're trying to do, it seems you're off
track storing all this stuff in one very multidimensional array.

If you want further tips, clarify exactly what data you're trying to
manipulate, including examples of such data.

Enjoy,

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/