[nycphp-talk] Failure to write session data

Jeff Siegel jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Fri Nov 21 06:53:24 EST 2003

Dan,

Now *that's* an interesting thought! The puzzling thing is the
intermittent nature of the problem even though the number of
transactions has been, for the past several days, nearly double its
usual amount. It hasn't happened again since the first time I posted the
problem. As soon as it surfaces again, I'll revisit the file handle issue.

However, following your lead, I Googled the following (see below). The
PDF doc goes into a fair amount of detail on many issues though I'm not
qualified to comment on its accuracy.

"Your exceeding the default 8192 (if this is Linux) file handle limit.
This is a pretty low limit, raise with
"sysctl -w fs.file-max=32767" as root.  If your on a RH box put
"fs.file-max = 32767" in /etc/sysctl.conf  so it gets redone next time
you boot.

ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/PerfTune2001.pdf "

Jeff