[nycphp-talk] setcookie and localhost

Michael Southwell southwell at dneba.com
Thu Sep 18 21:20:24 EDT 2003

At 08:54 PM 9/18/2003, you wrote:
>Hola Michael:
>
>On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 08:30:44PM -0400, Michael Southwell wrote:
> > a script using setcookie works fine on a remote host but the cookie
> doesn't
> > work on localhost (where I was testing)--the cookie is written but not
> > read.
>
>I suspect the paths are different.  Adjust the path parameter as needed on
>the local machine and see what happens.

sorry, don't get it.  Both Moz1.4 and IE6.0 know where to put the cookie
without being told anything, and they do indeed put it there, but upon next
invocation they don't read it, as if it's not there.  What "path parameter"
is this?

>--Dan
>
>--
>      FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
>            http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/
>  T H E   A N A L Y S I S   A N D   S O L U T I O N S   C O M P A N Y
>  4015 7th Ave #4AJ, Brooklyn NY    v: 718-854-0335   f: 718-854-0409

DNEBA Enterprises
81 South Road
Bloomingdale, NJ 07403-1419
973/492-7873 (voice and fax)