[nycphp-talk] Quick DHTML/FLash Conflict Question

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 13:54:30 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:10:02 -0500, Rahmin Pavlovic
<rahmin at insite-out.com> wrote:

> Not really.  Best cross-browser method I can think of is to make the movie
> disappear when the menu is activated (reappearing when deactivated) using either
> the css 'display' or 'visible' properties.

Wow, does that work?

Flash, QuickTime, etc. are outside of the browser's rendering process
-- they're given a piece of screen real estate and told to "write
here". So there's no way to put HTML on top.

You could dynamically insert things into the .swf using some actionscript.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/