[nycphp-talk] open_basedir is driving me batty

John Corry lists at neoncowboy.com
Tue Jul 6 14:00:19 EDT 2004

(To John:  yes, this server is using the horrible, awful Plesk tool, which
is also causing me stress.  I want to avoid editing the httpd.include file,
because each time you make a minor change to your domain, Plesk conveniently
overwrites your changes for you, so error messages appear all over your site
until you make the changes again. I'm trying to find a solution that won't
fall prey to this inadequacy.)

Marc

OK, so...you don't have to mess with httpd.include.

Just use a <Directory> block to change the value of open_basedir (the
directions in my previous post should work)

It's not that big a deal. You just have to learn what Plesk will let you
change and what it wants to maintain control over.

But remember, you'll have to restart the apache service once you add that
block.

Is this a rackspace box? If so, there's a lot of useful info in their
support forums.