[nycphp-talk] Zend PHP Certification

Daniel Kushner kushner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 14:17:30 EDT 2004

> What I mean to say is who is the "many" that have approached Zend about
> offering such an industry standard? What I am looking for is the
> motivation beyond the establishment of a standard and a certification. I
> understand many of the motivation(s) behind M$ certification; I
> understand the motivation behind the CCNE certification (although I am a
> bit puzzled by the CNA one ;-)

The "many" are Zend clients, PHP community members, PHP core
developers, and the enterprise using PHP. I have spoken with many at
conferences and expos and have seen a great interest in such a
program. There are hundreds of small training centers in the US and
Europe that teach PHP, they too would like a PHP Certification that
could give credibility to their courses.

An interesting thread:
http://dotgeek.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3

-Daniel