[nycphp-talk] 21 Rules of Thumb - How Microsoft develops its Software

inforequest sm11szw02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jun 25 15:36:34 EDT 2004

Hans Zaunere hans-at-nyphp.com |nyphp 04/2004| wrote:

>http://blogs.msdn.com/David_Gristwood/archive/2004/06/24/164849.aspx
>
>I know, let's keep the Microsoft bashing banter to a minimum... he does
>make some excellent points, learned from working on some of the most
>complex code ever created.

I disagree wholeheartedly (and it has nothing to do with bashing). I
don't see a single excellent point, and I see a ton of misguided
concepts. He's either a dreamer, delusional, or just a
glass-half-empty-means-someone's-not-thirsty-anymore optimist with
little real evidence supporting his "credentials".

Name one instance where M$ released "great software on time" or for that
matter even "software on time".  Not once I can determine.