[nycphp-talk] New York PHP Resources WAS: Idea for PHP site (seriesof articles)

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Sat Nov 6 08:30:40 EST 2004

> Hans Zaunere
> Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 9:24 PM
> To: NYPHP Talk
> Subject: [nycphp-talk] New York PHP Resources WAS: Idea for
> PHP site (seriesof articles)
>
> And just to followup on this topic, we have much of this in
> place already.  I've outlined what New York PHP is already on
> this front.
>
> Getting Your Experiences and Information "Out There"
>
> New York PHP has developed four different ways to get your
> information published and public so that others can learn
> from your experiences and insight.  NYPHP has worked hard to
> make these options available to our community, and we hope
> that people will take advantage of them.
>

> 1) Talk List
>
> 2) PHundamentals
>
> 3) AMPeers
> AMPeers is ready to launch...
> A beta site is already in place, and we'll be making a formal
> announcement within the next couple of days....

(from another list --
hmmn, would have been nice to 'Conversationally Link this Email)

> This is a great summary of what we've got... can we work this into an
> announcement and page for the nyphp.org site so that when AMPeers is
> ready to go, we can get all this stuff public?

Since the formal announcement for AMPeers is being readied,
is there anything to more to be done on getting the
explanatory page ready (or the announcement) --
your post seems to pretty much cover things.

I am attaching an old post (as a reminder), because it mentions
the fact that you don't have to be a PHP master to be able
to contribute. Maybe this idea should somehow be worked
into the summary page.

> 4) Projects
> New York PHP strives to bring information and resources
> together in one place, so that our members worldwide have
> easy access to them, and to form channels for people to get
> their own articles published...

Along the lines of 'easy access', maybe there could be a
menu item in the left column called 'site map' or something
like that.

Regards,

Tim G.