[nycphp-talk] Marginally OT: dedicated hosting

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Thu Oct 14 23:09:41 EDT 2004

--- Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com> wrote:
> johnscompanies.com is good, but they are virtual servers. Not a
> dedicated solution.

You should check out their Web site. They basically provide two options:
colocation and dedicated. It sounds like you want dedicated, which is
$105/month instead of $75/month (or $65/month if you choose FreeBSD) for
colocation.

I'm thinking of using their colocation services. It still looks and feels
like a dedicated server, but the OSDir guy tells me that these accounts
slow down when you get Slashdotted, and that's when he needs to be up the
most.

Another thing that caught my eye is that I can get it for $45/month as an
open source developer. That makes it a very good deal for my needs. :-)

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/

PHP Security - O'Reilly     HTTP Developer's Handbook - Sams
Coming December 2004        http://httphandbook.org/