[nycphp-talk] Mailing List Sorts

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.com
Sun Oct 24 19:06:02 EDT 2004

> How does everyone keep their mailing lists in tune?  I just have way
too
> many folders lately.  I used to have all my mailing lists come into a
> single folder, but then it would just get flooded.  Now I'm thinking
about
> making a single folder for "hightrafficmailinglists" and a single
folder
> for lowtrafficmailinglists .... but I wanted to know what everyone's
> thought was.

I think John was working on something like this, and I hope to have it
on nyphp.org at some point soon.

Basically, all public NYPHP lists can be filtered in two ways.  The
first is to filter on the To or Cc header of the email.  They will go to
the name of list, at the lists.nyphp.org domain.  So for example, for
this list, you'd put everything with talk at lists.nyphp.org into a
separate mail folder, as I do.

The other way is to use the subject.  The subject of every mail uses the
list name surrounded by brackets.  So, for the NYPHP-Org list, you could
filter the subject on [nycphp-org].