[nycphp-talk] Zend Studio And Sourceforge

Daniel Krook krook at us.ibm.com
Sat Sep 25 13:36:51 EDT 2004

> Anyone here use zde and have used the CVS feature for a sourceforge cvs
account?

> i have found out that on windows you need to do port forwarding via
> putty and connect putty to the ssh server for the CVS to work, however
> sourceforge doesnt offer shell access for the cvs repository just your
> user account, and i have tried doing this with the user account it
> just doesnt work.

I've heard of users having a similar problem when connecting from Eclipse
to SourceForge via SSH and CVS, so it may not be a Zend specific
connection problem. There are some good results under
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=eclipse+cvs+ssh+sourceforge&btnG=Google+Search

I think you need to involve Plink and keys in the process.

To test connectivity you might want to download a copy of Eclipse and try
the following for connecting to CVS over SSH.  In particular, try out
section III.

http://krook.net/os/eclipse-cvs-setup.txt

Hope that helps.

-Dan

Daniel Krook, Application Developer
WW Web Production Services North 2, ibm.com
1133 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY 10604

Personal: http://info.krook.org/
Persona: http://w3.ibm.com/eworkplace/persona_bp_finder.jsp?CNUM=9A9796897