[nycphp-talk] AddType application/x-httpd-php .gif .jpg .etc

Andrew Yochum andrew at digitalpulp.com
Tue Mar 29 17:29:23 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 05:16:06PM -0500, csnyder wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:10:55 -0500, Andrew Yochum <andrew at plexpod.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually, if the execution ends in the prepend like I described in a
> > accelerator-specific?
>
> My only point was that the prepend would be opcode. If there aren't
> any <?php tags in the image, then there's nothing to compile there,
> right?

Does anyone know if the accelerators are smart enough to 'pass through'
flat content like this and not stuff a bloated binary or even a good ol'
text/plain file in memory?

> If you use just the prepend you'll spend some time second-guessing
> Apache's request -> filename resolution won't you? Maybe not that much
> time, never mind.

Possibly.  Quite likely if theres some rewrite stuff in there.  However,
I believe one of the magic $_SERVER values would have the post request
-> filename resolution to-be-run script path in it?  Unsure which off
the top of my head.

Andrew