[nycphp-talk] PHP to OBDC / Exchange

Stephen Musgrave stephen at musgrave.org
Fri May 13 10:53:43 EDT 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 10:35 AM, csnyder wrote:
> Imap will give you access to messages and mailboxes/folders, but
> events, tasklists, and contacts are basically off-limits. True that
> you can devine the existence and subject of these items, but you can't
> get at the yummy Microsoft metadata that makes them useful.

I ran across this in the comments section for imap_open() on the
php.net site:

14-Jan-2004 03:03
In order to make a IMAP connection to a Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5,
I used this connection-string :

<?php
if(imap_open ("{192.168.1.6:143/imap}Inbox", "DOMAIN/USERNAME/ALIAS",
"PASSWORD"))
{
    echo 'Connection success!';
}
else
{
    echo 'Connection failed';
}
?>

By replacing "Inbox" with, e.g. "Tasks", its possible to see all your
tasks. I Hope this helps anybody!

Regards