[nycphp-talk] Whats a Competitive Salary for PHP Dev

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 13:15:35 EDT 2006

On 4/14/06, inforequest <1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> In fact, it is conceivable that I would use
> the wrong methods and tactics on my public website, just to distract the
> competition from my real work.

But you enjoy the cloak-and-daggerness of it, and you obviously have
enough work to keep you busy and networked into new clients. If you
were looking for growth, you would deploy world-class techniques and
sit at the top of the results. The volume of new business could allow
you to hire a big chunk of the competition.

> Ditto for CSS pros who achieve goals with CSS. Why give it away by
> labeling it as "your best work" and putting it up at a known address for
> anyone to inspect, copy, critique?

You're trolling now, because anybody who writes CSS for a living knows
that their work is on display for anyone to see. My god, how fortunate
you will be if someone actually takes the time to inspect, copy, and
critique.

The only reason to hide a good idea is because you are afraid you'll
never have a better one. Good luck selling yourself if you're never
going to have any more good ideas.