[nycphp-talk] A Joomla question

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Fri Nov 10 09:06:04 EST 2006

Hi folks, I'm wondering if a Joomla wizard out there might be able to
speak up and help me out.

I've joined rockettheme.com and am using his templates for Andromeda
apps.  I've written a simple compatibility layer and am just about at
the point where I can drop in a Joomla template and have it JustWork(tm).

My question centers around menus.  These themes are making pulls out of
a menu table and populating an array of objects.  I've modified the code
so that it pulls from my own menu and builds a similar array of
objects.  Question is, will this be compatible with templates from other
sources?  Is the menu table in Joomla fairly uniform for everyone, or
can there by wide divergences?