[nycphp-talk] So who's using Ajax anway?

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Fri Nov 10 13:03:34 EST 2006

I do beg to differ regarding the use Asynchronous XMLHttpRequest. Sure,
it's just a speed-up thing, and when I get my spanking new 10GigE fibre
link and SiCoretex SC5832 5,832 processor system (seriously, check out
their web site), I'll live with page re-draws. But until then, judicious
use makes sense. Although we have probably all experienced poor and
useless implementations that break the back button, among other things.

Unless you are doing something highly dynamic like google maps, I think
a prudent strategy is to start with conventional strategies and only
then layer on Asynchronous XMLHttpRequest where it truly makes sense and
the consequences are fully understood.

Cliff