[nycphp-talk] fsockopen Problem

Thomas Nguyen thomashungnguyen at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 15:52:56 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I have just migrated from PHP 4.3 to PHP 5.1. The code
that I have written under PHP 4.3 is:

.
<snip>
.
fsockopen($this->host, $this->port, $errno, $errstr,
$this->timeout);
socket_set_timeout($fp,$this->timeout);
$request = $this->buildRequest();
.
<snip>
.

The code above works under PHP 4.3. When running the
code under PHP 5, I'm getting the following
error:"Connection failed (10060) A connection attempt
failed because the connected party did not properly
respond after a period of time, or established
connection failed because connected host has failed to
respond."

I used the windows installer to installed PHP 4.3, and
I don't know how it set up my settings, but since an
installer didn't come with PHP 5, I had to set up
everything on my own. I know that for some reason,
fsockopen can't open up a connection in PHP 5. I don't
know what I am doing wrong. Any help or suggestions
will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Thomas