[nycphp-talk] Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.6 Install Failures on Windows XP

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Sun Sep 17 14:39:33 EDT 2006

Peter Sawczynec wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what combination of PHP 5.x and Apache 2.x they have been
> able to
> successfully install on Windows XP
[snip]
PHP Version 5.1.6
(PHP API 	20041225)
(PHP Extension 	20050922)
(Zend Extension 	220051025)
(Build Date 	Aug 23 2006 16:31:18)

Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.6
(Apache API Version 	20020903)

> On starting Apache with the PHP 5 LoadModule, Apache fails to start,
> throwing an error like:
> "httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 116 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software
> Foundati
> on/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/PHP/php5apache2.dll into
> server:"

  You checked whether the php5apache2.dll file exists in C:\PHP, right?
This seems to be the most likely cause of your problem.

--

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com