[nycphp-talk] switch cases

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sat Dec 1 12:23:34 EST 2007

Hi!

I make use of a switch statement, but now need to execute the same code of one
case for a different case (it is a switch on a file type and some types are to
be handled the same). I know how to craft this case using if, but how would I
do that with using case within a switch?
Is it something like this
switch ($a) {
	case 'a' or 'b':
		// this is for the case that $a is 'a' or 'b'
	case 'c':
		// this is for the case that $a is 'c'
	default:
		// this is for the case that $a is neither 'a', 'b', or 'c'
}

For now I duplicate the code as that for sure works, but that seems to be not
that great in case I need to change something within the block of code (have
to do it in two places). The PHP manual doesn't cover this case.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

	David