[nycphp-talk] Books & magazines

Mark Armendariz lists at enobrev.com
Wed Sep 12 23:18:26 EDT 2007

Gary Mort wrote:
> Just wondering what books and magazines people here particularly like
> for PHP programming.  Which are good for learning, and which are good
> for reference.

I'm a Huge fan of Code Complete by Steve McConnell, which is an
incredible gathering of best practices for programming in general
(regardless of language).

I tend to resort to Jeffrey Friedl's Mastering Regular Expressions quite
often as well.

I used to receive both PHP|Architect and PHP Magazine - both were very
informative.

Otherwise, anything by Charles Bukowski or Hunter S. Thompson.

Mark