[nycphp-talk] php authentication form

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Thu Sep 13 18:15:07 EDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 10:54:23AM -0300, Henry Ponce wrote:

> I have a form that currently checks if the username and password are correct
> in mysql database. I need to know if it's possible to check this information
> on apache server, using maybe $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] and
> $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'].

A bit late, perhaps you already figured this out...  If you're using HTTP
Basic authentication, yes.

I'm not sure you really want to do this.  The data gets cached in the
browser.  Are you doing this via a TLS/SSL/https connection?  Otherwise
your username/passwords are available to snoopers, etc.

--Dan

--
                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/