[nycphp-talk] MySQL Monitor V PHP & MySQL

Michael Southwell michael.southwell at nyphp.com
Fri Sep 21 19:41:29 EDT 2007

Quoting PaulCheung <paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk>:

> I have researched, checked and tried everything I can think of and
> still cannot get it to work.

> SELECT access_code FROM authorised_users WHEN

I am not familiar with WHEN but that could be my own ignorance

> $rs = @mysql_select_db( "test_db", $conn )
>  or die( "Could not select database" );
>
> $rs = @mysql_select_db( "test_db", $conn ) or die( "Could not select
> database" );

This line is doubled but that is not your problem.

> $sql = "SELECT access_code
>        FROM authorised_users
>        user_id = '$userid' AND

This is the reason that you are getting different results:  you left
out the WHEN that you had above (unless this is not an accurate
representation of your code); whether WHEN is a legitimate keyword is
a different issue.

--
Michael Southwell
Vice President, Education