[nycphp-talk] ajax and un-breaking the ol' back button

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Wed Apr 2 13:21:11 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 1:07 PM, John Campbell <jcampbell1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Back button navigation is specific to the window... cookies/sessions
> are 1 per browser instance.  You will have a mismatch, but it may be
> one you can live with.  The best way to do it is to save the query
> parameters in the address bar.  In gmail, the page view information is
> saved after the '#' sign.  Take a look at the jquery history plugin.

Ooops. I think I will live with it for now but thanks for the lesson. I was
wondering what mail.google.com/mail/#label/nyphp/1190f69a2f1bd0da meant (-:
Those clever google dudes.

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness