[nycphp-talk] Re: OT: webmaster test

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Apr 17 11:21:17 EDT 2008

At 9:40 AM -0700 4/16/08, Kristina Anderson wrote:
>Probably I would run into issues with licensing myself as my degree was
>in Literature & Linguistics (1985) ...and I used an old manual
>typewriter to do my research papers! LOL.

--Kristina:

I received my last degree in 1984 from Michigan State University.

I used an Apple ][ to type out my thesis. When I submitted it, it was
a big deal in the submission office because they had never seen an
original manuscript before. Everything up to that point had been
type-written pages with white-out mixed with photo copies and such.
Mine was a simple and clean original type-written manuscript.

When I told them that I had used an Apple ][ word processor to print
my thesis, they had no clue of what word processing was and had ever
heard of such a thing.

How things have changed in less than three decades.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------