[nycphp-talk] using PHP mail function on Windows server - update

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Mon Apr 28 13:57:52 EDT 2008

Hi Tim, in addition to the erratic email sending, the debug messages on
Windows for PHP really are, well, non existent.  We don't have access
to the process log on the box, either.  I'm not sure what caused the
sending to be erratic, we have subjects and large message body on each
email.

Yesterday, on advice of tech support, we moved the modified php.ini
file with actual URL instead of "localhost" as SMTP parameter, and
placed it in the cgi-bin folder instead of the root.  We had some
success sending test mails but when we tested the actual code in the
app, it was failing again.  I tested the same code, only passing in
hardcoded strings in place of the querystring values, on my domain
server, a Linux box, and it was perfectly fine.

The only thing I could think of was that there might be white space
around strings passed from the querystring parameters into the email
code...so I used trim() around them...still no luck.

I give up.  We have put in a request to be switched to a Linux box!!