[nycphp-talk] [OT] SEO and Meta Data

Peter Sawczynec ps at sun-code.com
Wed Aug 6 18:42:12 EDT 2008

Recently I was examining some meta data and found some meta data
keywords entered like so [meta data snippet]:
"mountainview+real+estate, orange+real+estate, las vegas".

Is this keyword with plus signs entry style attempting to:
a) literally match users entering "mountainview+real+estate" as a search
term,
b) attempting to match any occurrences of those three words and any
other words (noise) entered in between (Can this actually work in meta
data?),
or
c) trying to communicate to the search engine (google) to accept these
meta data keywords as a keyword phrase?

Additionally, what is the attempted result of extra keywords being
loaded into the Head section as a comment like so:
<!-- real estate, mountainview, broker, country homes -->

Would the above comments effort lead to search engine penalty?

If you can provide some info I'd appreciate hearing.

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Dir.
Sun-code Interactive