[nycphp-talk] Adding PostgreSQL with an XAMPP Install

Joseph (Joey) Derrico joeyd473 at nyc.rr.com
Thu Sep 25 14:27:26 EDT 2008

Since I am (still) in college I decided to finally take a class on scripting in PHP. I have been using XAMPP for years. unfortunately for this class the professor I have likes PostgreSQL instead of MySQL. So now I need to install PostgreSQL on my PC (XP) and my laptop (Vista) for the class. unfortunately I have never been good at installing servers and DB (thus why I have XAMPP). I was hoping someone can guide me through installing it and getting it working with the XAMPP setup

XAMPP version 1.6.7 (on Laptop, Vista), Not 100% sure which version on PC, but I'm not home to check
PostgreSQL version Downloaded:8.3.4

Joey Derrico