[nycphp-talk] HTML Javascript Php Arrays

Cristian Baltatescu cbaltatescu at greenvision.ro
Wed Aug 19 02:28:31 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 5:58 AM, Michele Waldman <mmwaldman at nyc.rr.com>wrote:

>  I’m trying to dynamically create an array in javascript to pass to php.
>

> This works in FF, but not IE 7.  Does anyone know how to make this work in
> IE?
>

>             var inp = document.createElement("input");
>
>             inp.type = "text";
>
>             inp.name = "city[]";
>
>             inp.id = "city0”;
>
>             inp.value = “Houston”;
>
>             document.getElementById('theDiv’).appendChild(inp);
>

> document.getElementById("city0”).length -> 1
>
> document.getElementsByName("lcity[]").length -> 0
>

> Michele

Shouldn't document.getElementById("city0”).length be
document.getElementById("city0”).value.length
?
Also, you should look into creating a json string, send it to php and use
json_decode on the php side. If what you're looking for is sending arrays to
php. But I'm not sure you're thinking of the same thing looking at your
example.

--
Numai bine,
Cristian