[nycphp-talk] run my own mail server or use a 3rd party service?

Leam Hall leam at reuel.net
Fri Dec 25 21:09:08 EST 2009

A mail server is to deal with programs that can't do mail on their own.
Doesn't the PHP mail function or the PEAR::mail deal with sending mail
without sendmail? Procmail is to sort through mail you as a user receive.

I'm a little confused on whether or not you have a full domain hosted or
are you setting up your own server? Sorry, it's been a long day.

If you are setting up your server to host your own domain, then you can
add the mail receipt in the set up. If you're on a hosted domain do they
provide a control panel like CPanel or similar to receive mail? Or can
you require that users provide off-domain e-mail addresses?

Again, I'm a bit muddled from the day.

Leam