[nycphp-talk] Can I set the response code if a PHP Fatal error occurs?

lorband at optonline.net lorband at optonline.net
Tue Feb 17 11:51:04 EST 2009

Your reply is perfectly logical but I am trying not to redesign alot of code. The PHP code is currently designed to return  a string or nothing depending on the action taken. If a fatal error occurs, nothing is returned which unfortunately is also a valid response.
P.S. set_error_handler will not handle fatal errors (E_ERROR).

 "The following error types cannot be handled with a user defined function: E_ERROR, E_PARSE, E_CORE_ERROR, E_CORE_WARNING, E_COMPILE_ERROR, E_COMPILE_WARNING, and most of E_STRICT raised in the file where set_error_handler() is called."
Thank everyone for the help,
Lori