[nycphp-talk] Invitation and gift from Bhaskar (wdwtest at gmail.com)

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 17:52:12 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Greg Rundlett <greg at freephile.com> wrote:

> I know nothing about this particular service, or this individual, but what
> I've noticed is that many new 'social' apps gratuitously send (SPAM) email
> to your entire email address book, or networks from other sites WITHOUT
> warning.
>
> Makes me unhappy.

What's even worse: people are giving fly-by-night social networks
their email passwords. So not only do they spam your address book,
they now have access to your mailbox and any password resets that get
sent to it.

Any site that asks users for their login credentials at some other
site should be shut down on principle. (I'm looking at you, Facebook.
(O_o) )

Chris Snyder
http://chxor.chxo.com/