[nycphp-talk] SPROCs in the MySQL/PostgreSQL + PHP crowd

Jerry B. Altzman jbaltz at altzman.com
Sun Dec 12 02:12:34 EST 2010

Yes, I'm replying to my own message.

on 11/10/2010 3:31 PM Jerry B. Altzman said the following:
> How many of you are using stored procedures (SPROCs) with any great
> regularity?

I just encountered my first real one.
It's on a MySQL on a Windows platform--someone from the MSSQL world, no
doubt.
Just got bitten hard by it, migrating from 5.0 to 5.1 has slightly
different schemata in the mysql.mysql database, which made me need to be
very careful about importing dumpfiles.

Nothing like a late-night website migration to uncover these things!

I know it's not PHP-related, but was just sharing is all.

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman | jbaltz at altzman.com | www.jbaltz.com | twitter:@lorvax
thank you for contributing to the heat death of the universe.