[nycphp-talk] MAMP or XAMPP ?

Anthony Wlodarski oneofthosed3afmutes at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 21:48:54 EDT 2010

This is correct.  If you ever have questions about tasksel packages as part of a task execute the following: "tasksel --task-packages mail-server". For example I used the mail-server task and it gave me a list of packages it was going to remove.

dovecot-imapd
procmail
dovecot-common
libpth20
postfix
libgpgme11
libmysqlclient16
mutt
ssl-cert
bsd-mailx
dovecot-pop3d
libpq5
mysql-common

As you can see it would remove mysql cli and client libraries (as with Daniel's use case) which are also shared with lamp-server.  Testing you could execute "tasksel --task-packages lamp-server" and you will see the conflicting packages.  As a fall back then you manually go one by one with "sudo apt-get remove".  Which is still a relatively painless task.

Tomorrow I am going to get on Ubuntu Launchpad and add a feature request for tasksel to consider dependencies from other tasks installed on the system and allow you to exclude or include cross referenced packages.

-Anthony