[nycphp-talk] Why is there no 'PHP Foundation'?

Federico Ulfo rainelemental at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:02:11 EDT 2011

PHP is a totally anarchical language, where classes, functions, and
different coding style are mixed together, so we have subStr and file_size.
PHP has a weak presentation layer, so there are tons of approach and
template engines to manage presentation. Also terms as MVC are used
differently by their real meaning
(http://devzone.zend.com/article/12997<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdevzone%2Ezend%2Ecom%2Farticle%2F12997&urlhash=OY3b&_t=tracking_disc>
).

PHP is mature enough to have some organization as the W3G for HTML, that
should give some specification to follow like HTML4.1 , HTML 5. I wish PHP 6
could re-write all the functions and class with a single style, and a common
design pattern, a better presentation layer.

But who's going to take this responsability?  As you well said, Anthony,
Zend is a profit company we need some open source organization. I'm not the
best person to do it, but I've some good idea to start something, why we
don't talk about it somewhere with a good beer?

-- Federico