[nycphp-talk] making a branch of filesystem publicly accessible via http with write access for some

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 15:35:49 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Hans Z <zaunere at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gary, all,
>
> > There are also quite a number of "sync" apps which will sync a Google
> Drive
> > with a local folder... both my Linux Mint boxes are running a gdrive sync
> > app which keeps all the files in one of my folders synced.
>
> Which app do you use on Linux (or that Mint uses) to sync with Google
> Drive?

I use a combination of 2 apps.

I use  Grive-tools from
http://www.thefanclub.co.za/how-to/ubuntu-google-drive-client-grive-and-grive-tools

It provides a little gui config tool for Grive as well as an "indicator"
for my menu panel.  The actual syncing is done by Grive:
http://www.lbreda.com/grive/start

I just used the PPA with grive-tools, ppa:thefanclub/grive-tools

It contained both grive and grive-tools, installed, launched it and
configured it using the defaults. So my I have a couple folders on GDrive
which get synced directly to "~/Google Drive"

I obviously didn't put a lot of thought into it since I avoid spaces in
directory and filenames in general - but I was just in user mode, as long
as it worked I was happy and moved on.