[nycphp-talk] photo album

Francisco Marin dg_francisco at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 24 09:19:46 EST 2002

One More Way to Handle Images which we used at my previous job:

The form will upload the file and rename it as a random generated number ( I
believe it was 8 digits long). There was a folder called images and then
inside this folder there were 10 folders named 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and 9. Once
the image is renamed, the program looks at the last digit of the name and
puts it in that directory. Obviously the name of the image was entered in
the DB. It may sound a little bit complicated but once we set it up it was
very easy to handle images since we had about 10000 images of Artists and CD
covers.