[nycphp-talk] [OT] - NYC Salaries

Rick Olson rolson at aeso.org
Thu Aug 3 14:22:31 EDT 2006

I'm in the Los Angeles area, so this isn't a completely accurate number,
but based on your experience level and knowledge, $50-68k would be the
salary you should probably expect.  I'd imagine though, that in NY your
expectations could be somewhat higher?  I would hesitate supporting a
family on that kind of income though...  What about looking for other
companies in that area?  Just throw your resume out to a few companies
around there and you could probably find something decent.

On a side note though, spend a couple hours on MySQL indexing /
optimization :p  It will serve you well.

-Rick