[nycphp-talk] MySQL <=> DB2i replication

John Callahan jjcllhn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 16:51:51 EST 2010

Nick Hart said:

Hi,

> I'm trying to use the Zend provided mysql which runs on the ISeries.
> However, I also need a way to replicate certain DB2 data files to it.
>  There
> should be a way to do this without having to go out to the network.  So I
> am
> looking for an API and/or a way to write directly to the binlogs if
> possible.  Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Nick

One way to go about the replication would be to use the MySQL IBMDB2i
storage engine. If you did, you could handle the replication entirely from
the System i side. Read more about it here The DB2 for i (IBMDB2I) Storage
Engine for MySQL on IBM i
Download<http://solutions.mysql.com/engines/ibm_db2_storage_engine.html>

The IBMDB2i storage engine requires at least MySQL 5.1.35 (which ships with
the ZendServer 5 beta) to run. ZendCore ships with MySQL 5.0.xxx, so you
would need to upgrade to a newer version of MySQL to go this route.

Jack Callahan